Our Lafayette vets provide diagnoses and treatments to dogs and cats for a wide variety of internal conditions, from internal organ diseases to immune system issues.
Diagnosis & Treatment
Veterinary internal medicine describes the diagnosis and treatment of disorders in your pet's internal systems and structures.
Our veterinarians bring extensive experience in diagnosing and treating of challenging cases, from disorders of the nervous system to lung disease and tumors.
At St. Francis Veterinary Hospital, we have a variety of diagnostic tools and treatment methods at our disposal.
We are able to manage patients with multiple disorders or diseases and provide alternative treatment options for patients who don't respond well to standard procedures.
Veterinary Internal Medicine Conditions
Our veterinarians diagnose and treat ailments in the following areas:
- Endocrinology (glands and their functions)
- Gastroenterology (diseases of the digestive organs)
- Oncology (tumors and cancer)
- Urology (urinary functions and genitourinary tract)
- Cardiology (heart-related disorders)
- Reproductive Issues
- Immunology (disorders of the immune system)
- Pulmonary Disorders (diseases of the lungs)
- Neurology (disorders of the brain and nervous system)
If your pet requires a procedure or expertise that we don't offer, we are more than happy to refer you to an experienced veterinary specialist.
We are connected with a wide network of excellent veterinary specialists in the Lafayette are and beyond.
Laboratory & Diagnostics
We support our approach to veterinary internal medicine with our advanced in-house lab and its diagnostic tests and tools